Kick-off Meeting of A4L_ACTIONS Project
On 25th May 2021, Alliance4Life organizes the kick-off meeting of its new Horizon 2020 project titled Alliance for Life Sciences: From Strategies to Actions in Central and Eastern Europe (A4L_ACTIONS).
With A4L_ACTIONS, we aim to address roots of this situation in the lower-performing Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) by improving culture, governance, recognition and innovation potential of the health research-performing institutions. Our goal is to increase their attractiveness for collaborations with advanced Europe and create spillover effects in the whole region. As the Alliance4Life, we are an established network of progressive health research institutions in CEE and a source of successfully piloted good practice. By building upon our results and impact achieved so far, we will convert our recommendations and strategies into actions as follows:
- Culture fostering excellence: piloting peer-evaluation and assessment of institutional practice as a strategic management tool, professionalizing research administration;
- Recognition and trust towards CEE: attracting advanced partners to identified pockets of excellence, supporting scientific ideas originating in CEE, initiating new international projects and collaborations with industry;
- Career policy nurturing talent: training and networking next generation of leaders, upgrading institutional career systems;
- Impact on innovation: raising the competences of Technology Transfer specialists, creating industry relations platform linking academia and industry;
- Spill-over effects: sharing, inspiring, communicating with stakeholders and policy makers; using the established networks to gain advice, new collaborations and EU-wide impact.