The PR managers and science communication specialists will discuss, share, and disseminate strategies how to address the general public, press, students, and other specific audiences, how to organize events, and how to guide researchers in presenting their research and transmitting their knowledge to non-specialists. Learning how to demonstrate the practical impact of research to the general public is considered critical in order to achieve long-term support for the scientific endeavours in member institutions and their home countries.
Main areas of interest and priorities of the Focus Group
1. International visibility:
- Attracting international media and issuing press releases;
- Engaging scientists in international visibility; and
- Twitter as the dominant international medium.
2. Engaging scientists in science communication:
- Engaging scientists to provide content for communications and events; and
- Building cooperation and relationships with scientists.
3. Open science and communication with the general public:
- Open science;
- Citizen science;
- Communication with the general public and stakeholders;
- Presenting difficult topics attractively, clearly, and accurately;
- Engaging different target groups and creating content; and
- Increasing the basic research presence in media.
4. Social media:
- Tailoring content for different social media and target audiences; and
- Encouraging scientists to present themselves on social media.
Focus Group Members
Focus Group Chair:
Focus Group Co-chair:
Members of the Focus Group:
Zuzana Vetrecin Čeplíková
Maruša Verbič Koprivšek